Application Deadline: March 10, 2020
Information Workshop: March 25, 2020.
Assessment: April 20, 2020 – May 8, 2020.APPLY NOW
Deloitte’s positive and supportive culture encourages people to do their best work every day. They celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. Deloitte offers well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Specialisterne USA is a non-profit social enterprise that pioneered the Autism @ Work movement in the US. We collaborate with corporations, universities, high schools, and community agencies to enhance recruiting by examining traditional recruiting, training and on-boarding practices to help companies to employ work-ready neurodiverse talent. Specialisterne USA works to ensure every neurodiverse person who wants a job, gets a job.
Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD), UCF
Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD), UCF is Specialisterne’s Community Partner. CARD is committed to providing individualized, direct consultative assistance to individuals with autism and related disabilities in Central Florida. CARD services are designed to build on the capacities of state and local resources, not to duplicate or replace them. The Center is funded by the Florida Legislature through the Florida Department of Education and all services are provided free of charge.
Specialisterne USA is currently sourcing individuals to participate in the Specialisterne Information Workshops scheduled for March 25th, am / pm sessions. Please note those attending a workshop will attend one session.
Based on their interest, qualifications, and skills, certain individuals will be invited to participate in Specialisterne USA’s 3-week Assessment Program. This 3-week program is expected to start April 20th – May 8th. It will be a 3-week, full time (5 days a week with 6 – 8 hour days) program. At the conclusion of the 3-week assessment, a three-month paid internship may be extended to the most qualified candidates, with the potential for full-time employment depending on a variety of factors including, among other things, performance during the internship.
Important Dates (Attendance is mandatory)
The assessment program will take place in 901 International Parkway Lake Mary, FL 32746, which is where the roles will be based.
- Application deadline: March 10, 2020
- Information Workshop: March 25, 2020
- Assessment Program schedule: April 20, 2020 – May 8, 2020
***Participation in the program DOES NOT guarantee employment.
Application and Selection Process
Applying for this autism@work program means you are self-identifying as autistic and successful candidates will be a part of the Deloitte’s Autism@Work program.
How to Apply
The application process for the Specialisterne Informational Workshops and for the Assessment Program is managed by Specialisterne USA.APPLY BY MARCH 10, 2020
- Use the following naming convention when naming your documents: First, Last, type of document. For example, John Doe Resume.
- Apply by filling out the Specialisterne questionnaire. Click here
*Please note, former applications to Specialisterne USA will not register you as applied to Deloitte. Please make sure you fill out the Deloitte application survey.
The Informational Workshops will be conducted so applicants can be introduced to Specialisterne’s Assessment process as well as Deloitte and the positions that are available as part of this program.
Candidates must bring:
- Written autistic diagnosis
Three-Week Specialisterne USA Assessment
During the 3-week assessment, applicants for this pilot program will be evaluated, assessed and selected according to the standard Specialisterne methodology. The Information Workshop will be conducted so applicants can be introduced to Specialisterne’s Assessment process as well as Deloitte and the positions that are available as part of this program.
Those demonstrating appropriate interest and aptitude at the workshops may be invited to participate in a four-week skills evaluation and assessment program in Orlando, FL. The slots available as part of this assessment are limited.
A committee of Specialisterne and Deloitte employees will make the selection of the candidates for the 3-week assessment. Those not selected for this assessment may elect to continue working with Specialisterne and the community partner in identifying alternative roles, programs and employment opportunities.
This is an unpaid three-week evaluation, however successful completion can be added to your resume.
If successful, a three-month internship may be offered, where you will be paid the same rate of the full-time position. At the end of the three-months, a determination will be made by Deloitte as to whether full-time position will be offered.
**Participation in the skills evaluation and assessment program is not employment and DOES NOT guarantee employment.
Job Profiles and Descriptions
Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory – Cyber Risk Intern
Location: Orlando, FL
As a Cyber Risk Intern, you’ll work and learn with an experienced team to design, implement and support solutions and processes
If successful in gaining the three-month internship in this role you will also build on foundations in Information Technology and Business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in STEM, i.e.: Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or other IT-related areas.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, critical thinking and logical structuring
- Specific interest in Cyber Security (IT) domain
- Experience with Microsoft product suite (I.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, , etc.)
- Flexible with changes, i.e.: project teams, changing priorities
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Possible travel up to 15 percent of the time
Nice to Have:
- Minor in Business or Accounting
- Understanding of general IT infrastructure and system architecture
- Knowledge of basic security concepts (encryption using keys, SSL, HTTPS)
- Basic understanding of regulatory mandates (i.e., GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Experience working on various operating systems and databases such as Windows, Unix/Linux, SQL Server/Oracle
Deloitte Assurance & Internal Audit– Solution Advisor I (Intern)
Location: Orlando, FL
Work you’ll do:
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
- Identify and evaluate complex business and related technology risks and internal controls that mitigate risks, and identify related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Advise in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offering for industry projects
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to advise our clients
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to analyze, design, and/or implement products and services
- Understand clients’ business environments and basic risk management approaches
- Use verbal and written communication skills to communicate with leaders and clients
- Prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work independently or as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Undergraduate degrees in the following majors
will be considered:
- Accounting or related degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
- Technology related degree such as Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Science/Management and Math
- Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
- Demonstrate MS Office proficiency
- An orientation toward internal control risk assessment, operational, and IT auditing, including experience identifying controls and developing and executing test plans
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Nice to Have:
- Candidates who are eligible for the CPA are preferred